Thursday, May 28, 2015

The Benches


Tonight, the students of Parker Middle School's 8th Grade got to pay their respects to the people that died on September 11th, 2001, onboard the flight that crashed into the 
Pentagon as well as those that died within the Pentagon.

When the middle schoolers arrived at the Memorial, I know that not even having seen the memorial yet I was going to cry. As we walked into the bench filled courtyard my eyes suddenly became foggy. As I walked among the many benches, I was filled with sadness. Why so many people, innocent people. The benches though contained more sadness than the actual humans though. They were so beautiful and sleek, but nothing can replace a human that most likely had a family to care for and things to live for. The more I thought about it though, the people who perished would have wanted to be remembered and this is the most kind thing the American Government could do to honor their memory

-Aymon

1 comment:

  1. Loved your post. The image was amazing. I loved the angle of the shot and the clouds in the background. Nice metaphorical reference.

    ReplyDelete