Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The MLK Memorial


As I stand here looking at the MLK Memorial, I realize the impact he has had on our past. When I look at the memorial, I'm able to see how much he was able to unite our entire country. I never really was able to see or understand the meaning or the impact of him on us until I'm standing next to a memorial, next to my classmates, and really listening to how much he changed our world.

Martin Luther King was someone who stood up for what he believed in and was able to fight for what was right. The impact he has had on our nation has given people better lives and changed our future for the better. During his time, he stood up for people and made an impact on people's everyday lives. For that I am truly grateful he was able to have this impact, and I believe he was a very well known man who should be remembered.

- Laura M.

1 comment:

  1. You make some great points about an important figure in our history. This is a quote that I llike.."Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere".

    ReplyDelete